WHO ARE YOU WAITING ON, SEARCHING FOR OR WHAT HAVE YOU FOUND IN A MATE?

As I write, I am reflecting on my mother's comment to me when I asked her, "How do you know when you are in love?" She replied, "Baby you just know." I can count the number of boyfriends on one had that I had in my entire life, prior to my husband. I remember them all as just good friends. They were really nice, hard working and very entertaining but I never loved any of them enough to be labeled my husband. Just to be fair to them, I never truly opened myself up to them, I was always suspicious of their motives. This stemmed from my personal distorted view of what I thought a marriage was. I knew I had to modify my thinking and ultimately my reasoning, so I had a "come to Jesus" meeting with none other than,"me, myself and I". I begin to diligently search my bible, read inspirational books, as well as explore many forms of media and social networking sites.


I have to share with you, that during that time, I decided to include prayers for my "to be future" husband every time I said my nighttime prayers (I was so single and not even looking yet I can assure you I was not as pitiful as I may sound as you are reading this).  As I was watching TBN one evening, Dr. Dollar was preaching on a series titled, "How To Choose a Mate". I caught the last segment in the series and my mind was made up that I was going to purchase it. When it came in the mail, it was accompanied by a workbook titled......"Before the Ring: Determining Who You Are and What You Need in a Mate".  I opened the workbook and could not put it down. Each exercise forced me to uncover and write down how I viewed myself. The workbook then guided me into a study of the books of Proverbs and 2 Corinthians 6:14-18. It also discussed Love and Lust and included an exercise that had me write all of the qualities that I was looking for in a potential mate.

What I discovered about me, was that I secretly desired to be a wife every since I was little but I was denying myself that right by making a commitment to NEVER be married. Some of you may have seen married couples that could be poster children for physical, emotional, verbal abuse, cheating, adultery, etc, like me. Just because it is or was their story, it does not have to be yours too! If it is your story, it does not have to continue to be! Create a new positive ending. Seek counsel and pray! This is how I began my wait and I am pleased to share it with you. I want to know who are you waiting on, searching for or what have you found in a mate? Please comment and share~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY VS BOOTY?

DON'T LET HIM USE YOU

10 TIPS ON SURVIVING LONG DISTANCE LOVE