FOREVER HERE

Do you hear her? Are you listening? Her tears are done
She is getting up and walking out right now as we speak
She wants you to know that it is more to being a husband
than giving her this ring. She told me to give it back to you...
She said that you may look at it and notice how she took care of it;
that it is so shiny and brilliant and clean. She told me to make 
sure and tell you that her tears are what kept it so clean for you
after all these years...
Come on man! Close your mouth and lift up your head. Open your eyes and read this note she told me to give you...

Why cry when you don't even give me the time...
Why listen when you don't even understand what I'm saying...
Why hear when you are too busy jumping to conclusions...
After all this time, you took the time to know everyone else but me...
If you really cared you would not have used those words to abuse me. My voice is a shadow just like I have
become... How can this marriage be of any importance to you when clearly, I do not feel like I am no longer the one...

Come on man, why are you crying? You mean to tell me that you really love her? Hold on man. She told me to give
you one more thing. Here is the diamond necklace she said
that you gave her. She said that she kept it close to her heart...
It was warm when she gave it to me but it is now very cold...
Come on man! Why aren't you saying anything?

"I never meant to hurt her." Huh?, come on man, speak loudly
so that I can hear you very well...

"I never meant to hurt her. I just felt that she was trying to 
control me. I told her that I am just a simple quiet guy
She was only trying to be my wife but I just didn't see
it then. She was only standing behind me; but I pushed
her away. I told her that I was too busy. I made promises 
to her that I didn't keep. I didn't mean to neglect her but I
needed to have some "me" time! I was so focused on her not leaving me for another until I lost focus of her completely...
"God help me be the husband she needs. Please forgive me of my selfish deeds."

Come on man... Go tell her how you feel. There is still time...
She knows that you are a man but you still have to let her
in. She is the one that will have your back when no one else
will. She knows the one that will correct you when you are going
astray but do you know him? Please don't continue to push her away.
Open up your eyes and see. Clean out your ears and hear! 
I have been telling you to look up and I'm glad
you finally hear. Go now and tell her and show her how
you feel! She is waiting for you, so let her in! She is right
over there, see!

" I am with you and I love you. Don't close up on me. 
You are my wife. I am open to you now, so please
open back up to me! I am sorry for all the pain.
Let me help heal the pains that I created.
I am so sorry. I am holding you to make you feel
comfortable in my arms. Baby, I see now and I
understand. I am here now and I hear, ok! I
am telling you now that you are not alone
I am forever here ~




Comments

Anonymous said…
Your poem is so typical of today's man, he doesn't understand how his spouse feels until she returns his material items but to her those items were her dream that came true. Some men sell out to lust when they have a loving, respectable, charming, intelligent, and inter-beauty wife; but most wives strive to be whatever it is that their husband needs.

Carrie aka Mom
~*FaYe*~ said…
Effective communication is key but both parties have to adopt this practice. As always, thanks for the comment~

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY VS BOOTY?

DON'T LET HIM USE YOU

10 TIPS ON SURVIVING LONG DISTANCE LOVE