The Lady Beside Me

I could not help but to overhear your conversation
The disbelief in your voice as you told you friend...
"He just up and left me". I tried to focus on my game
but the hurt in your voice reeled me further in...
"He left me with the mortgage, the car insurance,
and he didn't even pay the light bill". I wanted to
say something but it wasn't my place. I wanted
to tell her, know your status...hurry up and get checked

She continued to say, "He never acted this way...He
was so sweet and caring, I just don't know what to
say". My mind kept wondering, could it be drugs?,
does he have an alternative lifestyle?...is he down low
or hiding another child?  She was beautiful but looked
exhausted...sad...trying to hold it together... for
the 7 year-old daughter they both share

The receptionist called her to the back and then
my son and I soon after. "Ma'am, I think you left
your keys", I told her. She rushed to retrieve them
from the couch we both shared. I couldn't help but to say a prayer for her right then and there

I couldn't help but to look at her while the dentist
checked my son's teeth, she was there but not...struggling...
My situation is nothing compared
to hers but the fact still stands...I hope she comes out more graceful and finds peace after dealing with that man~





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BEAUTY VS BOOTY?

DON'T LET HIM USE YOU

10 TIPS ON SURVIVING LONG DISTANCE LOVE