YEP, IT'S JUST ONE OF THOSE THINGS!

It is not always easy seeing eye to eye in a relationship or marriage but you have to learn to agree to disagree. What does this mean? It means that we all have our differences in opinion but it doesn't have to become an outright brawl in the Bronx! Having a difference of opinion is a great way to discuss issues in the relationship so that the two of you can work them out; or, at the least, come to a mutual agreement! For example, my hubby shared with me that he loves me to text him as soon as I get up; but I am the kind of person that likes to stare at the wall for 5 minutes. I didn't know he liked it that much but I am working towards honoring his request because I don't have to talk; Just kidding! I am honoring his request because I love him and it doesn't hurt me to make his day by texting him when I get up. It makes him feel important and I have discovered that I feel a little more important too for making him feel so. Overall, I have to say that I like these kinds of discussions because we can both throw our expectations of each other and ourselves out on the table! I think it helps us to honor each other and remain realistic in our own expectations. It is important to have a "whew, I'm not a psychic moment" when in a relationship. My advice, and yes I take it myself, is to respect your partner, be very slow to wrath because you don't want to end up saying something that you really don't mean. It can affect your partner or spouse in ways you don't want to imagine. If your partner and yourself have to sit down and come up with a list of things to work on gradually, it's totally fine. It's your relationship so it is in both of your interest to make and keep your relationship healthy!

Comments

June said…
You're so right and it's important to respect your partner and find time to sit and work out problems. I know of so many relationships that break up because both parties say nasty things to each other and instead of trying to work things out, they leave it until it's too late. I believe what you sow is what you reap. If you want to see the King in your man, treat him like a king.

I'm single now, but if I knew then what I know now and implemented it, I would not be single now! However, I believe everything happens for a reason. I know that God has given me a story to share and help other women, and I will be doing that. If I can help them not to make the same mistakes I made, it will be worth what I went through, just to stop someone else from feeling the same heartaches.
~*FaYe*~ said…
Thanks June for sharing your thoughts. We live and learn and nobody is perfect no matter how often we strive to be! The great thing about your situation is that you are able to recognize and take ownership where ownership is due. There is power in that! God has a plan for all of us if we just yield to him! You may be single now but it is just an incubation period or period of metamorphosis. God is not only preparing the man for you but getting you ready for him as well!

Be content in your singleness because it is only for a season! Praise God even when you don't feel like it because he already knows how you will end up! I could go on and on but if you haven't read "The Five Love Languages" by Dr. Gary Chapman and "Dating and Waiting" by Myles Monroe, it's a good time to. I found that reading relationship books from a male perspective helped and is still helping me keep my act together!

Popular posts from this blog

DON'T YOU WANT TO KNOW? OR MAYBE, IT'S JUST ME!

BEAUTY VS BOOTY?

DON'T LET HIM USE YOU